Tuesday, March 9, 2010

On posting frequency

Has my ardour waned for wow and blogging?

Um, NO :)

However, like many people playing the game, we become aware of playing 'too much,' or getting too involved.

When I returned to the game, it was with the promise to my family to not become overly engrossed as I had done previously.

Of course, as months went by, I found reason to be online more and more. Perhaps it was just to check my auctions. Perhaps just my daily heroic. Then I started gearing up this alt, or leveling that 'other' class. A few weeks ago I found myself raiding every single night again: 4 nights of 25-mans, a night of 10-man on my alt, and two nights of 10-man on my main. Still playing ostensibly late at night so my children didn't miss me, but it was again, too much.

So, I'm back to trying to keep my online/raid times to 5 nights 'only.' With commensurate reducing in tertiary activities such as the auction house and/or blogging. It's gone well the past two weeks.
Will I succeed long term? Probably not.
But then is not today, it's tomorrow, and I'll face that problem when the time comes.

For now, the balance has been righted, and off I go ;)