Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A good week!

What a boring post title!

Who wants to read this stuff? :P

Unfortunately, the only other topics I could come up with for this one were either just as boring, or didn't make any sense.

In any case, despite my reluctant farewell to my 10-man group, the past week of Wow and RL were very enjoyable.

I made a looong road trip to Santa Barbara, which remains one of the most beautiful places in the US, and my top choice for 'Where I'd Love to Live... if I Could.' The spouse had never been to SB before and goals #1 and #2 were both met: we both agreed In N Out is by far the best fast food on the planet, and #2 SB is pretty much Paradise on Earth. Oh, and the wedding we attended was beautiful.

As far as raiding goes, I made it back in time to jump into the final night before reset with 9/12 ICC25. We'd been working for heroic Putricide for a few weeks, and were struggling to survive goos and transitions. Monday, we reviewed the strategy, buffed, and one-shot Putri for our first kill! Whey did he die 'so easily' after lots of wipes on previous nights? Everybody was focused and knew our role. Whether that happens on attempt #1 or attempt #20, progression kills have little margin for error and require everyone to be on the ball - which we were on our first attempt on Monday. Of course, we apparently spent all our focus points for the night on that attempt, because the rest of the night people apparently completely lacked the ability to place ice tombs and avoid bombs during heroic Sindragosa's air phase. Oh well! ;)

Several folks have stopped by on level 1 (or 55 DK) alts to say hello and/or to ask questions, and I wanted to say /hello and /wave to you! I'm more than happy to chat with anyone regarding DKs or other topics. If you do happen to roll a toon on Baelgun to talk to me, I'm flattered and happy to talk. If I'm in a raid however and don't respond much, please don't be offended. I tend to get pretty focused in raids.

Last autobiographical update for today: I hit the halfway mark on Shadowfrost shards, so in 3-4 weeks I'll hopefully have that shiny new orange!

I'll be back in Alaska for the next couple weeks, so if my internet connection is solid, I'll still be able to raid - and blog, so fingers crossed!